Such a technical novelty as a hoverboard rarely leaves anyone indifferent. Children also did not ignore this vehicle. That’s why the question of how to choose a hoverboard for kids and not make a mistake in buying is of concern to an increasing number of parents.
The answer will depend on many indicators: the age of the child, your financial capabilities, the characteristics of the road surface as well as the desirability of additional functions.
But in any case, every boy or girl will appreciate such a gift, because a hoverboard is “cool”. And parents will be able to breathe a sigh of relief, because thanks to the gift, the child will now spend more time outdoors.
So, if you have no doubts about the necessity of this vehicle, it remains to understand what you need to pay attention to when choosing a device.
What is a hoverboard?
Hoverboard is a “smart” transport, characterized by environmental friendliness and compactness. Externally, it looks like a plank with two wheels and an electric motor.
Due to its small size, the vehicle easily moves through busy streets, besides, it can be folded into a backpack and taken with you to the car or subway.
The main details of the hoverboard:
- standing platform;
- 2 electric motors;
- rechargeable battery.
More expensive hoverboards from iHoverboard are additionally equipped with speakers, which manufacturers embed in the housing near the wheels. There are also models with a Bluetooth module, headlights and backlight.
Pros and cons of the device
Today, the desire for active recreation, away from laptops and the Internet, is typical not only for adults, but also for teenagers. But if a child prefers to spend more time at the computer rather than on the street, parents may be interested in him by purchasing a hoverboard.
Among the advantages of this device are the following positive points:
- ease and speed of learning. The child will be able to learn how to operate the device much faster than roller skating or cycling;
- the relative lightness of the design itself – models for young children usually weigh no more than 5 kilograms;
- relatively low speed of movement, which prevents injury to the user;
- high manoeuvrability;
- the possibility of long-term operation (many models can withstand a weight of up to 120 kilograms, which allows you to use the device for a long time);
- the ability to develop the child physically, improve the coordination of movements, the functioning of the balance system;
- attractive appearance.
However, this vehicle also has certain disadvantages. Among the disadvantages are:
- the possibility of injury (by and large, this applies to many vehicles);
- the purpose of the device for movement on flat surfaces (transport is not suitable for driving on grass, poor road surface).
Knowing the pros and cons of this device, you can decide whether to buy a hoverboard for your child.